Department of Physics and Atmospheric Science
6310 Coburg Rd.
Sir James Dunn
Halifax, NS, Canada, B3H 4R2
PhD Candidate in Physics, Dalhousie University
MSc in Physics, Dalhousie University
BSc in Physics (Hons), Dalhousie University
BSc in Electronics Engineering Technology, DeVry Institute of Technolgy
Scholarships and awards
- Leiper Award 2019 — Presented to a graduate student with a special ability in pursuing a Graduate Degree in Physics.
- Nova Scotia Graduate Scholarship (NSGS) 2019 — 4 year scholarship to encourage exploration, discovery and innovation in research priority areas for Nova Scotia.
- Teaching Assistant Award 2016-2017 — for exceptional contributions to teaching in the department.
- Johnston Award 2016-2017 — for leadership qualities in engaging the public, their colleagues and/or scientific community to promote Physics and Atmospheric Science as areas of study, research and/or career path.
- Physics Research Assistant, Dalhousie University
- Embedded Design Technologist, Deltatee Enterprises Ltd.
- S.A. Meynell, A. Spitzig, B. Edwards, M. D. Robertson, D. Kalliecharan, L. Kreplak, and T. L. Moncheksy, Growth on MnSi(0001), Phys. Rev. B 90, 184416
- D. Kalliecharan, A. Tieu, B. Daniels, W. Yan, M. Xu, and T. L. Monchesky, Surface modification of medical grade titanium alloy by forced pulsed water jet (FPWJ), Water Jetting 2016: 23rd International Conference on Water Jetting, Seattle, USA
- D. Kalliecharan, W. Germshied, R. Price, J. Stansbury and D. Labrie, Shrinkage stress kinetics of Bulk Fill resin-based composites at tooth temperature and long time, Dent. Mater., 2016
- Surface Physics
- Solid State Physics
- Material Science
- X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy
- X-ray Diffraction
- Epitaxy Deposition: Magnetron sputtering and Molecular Beam Epitaxy
- *BSD (FreeBSD/OpenBSD)
- Embedded C/C++
- Microcontrollers: ARM Cortex, Atmega and 8051
- SBC: PC-104, Raspberry Pi and BeagleBone
- PCB design: KiCad and Altium
© 2017–2019 David Kalliecharan